Benzene poisoning has emerged as a disquieting issue, especially in those working in oil and petroleum refineries. But, the fact is that benzene has developed its roots in our houses and is weaving a net around us with products like cigarettes and soft drinks. The human health has found an enemy in the form of benzene, which may cause cancer and sudden deaths in humans.
The poisonous effects of benzene are most prevalent in children as compared to adults and thus, every individual in this world must know this fact to save the future generation on this planet.
What Harm May Benzene Cause
Benzene inhalation may lead to a number of serious disorders, which are enough in destroying the health standards of people, especially young children. Here are most prominent health threats posed by the chemical:
* Leukemia is the most serious situation developed in human body due to consumption of foods containing benzene or due to the regular habit of smoking.
* Anemia results from damage caused by benzene to the bone marrow, due to which this critical part of human body becomes inefficient in forming new blood cells to fill the space of lost ones.
* The lymphatic system of human body is affected by the consumption of benzene and lead to serious conditions like Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
* Apart from these serious conditions, benzene entry in the human body may lead to obesity and weight gain in children. However, these mild problems are like trailers for the big serious health issues.
* In case of children drinking excess of soft drinks everyday, the benzene present in these soft drinks may enter their body, only to result in stunted growth.
* Also, the presence of benzene inside human body may cause different side-effects like skin problems, irritation in eyes, nose and throat, along with headache, vomiting, reproduction disorders and other similar problems.
* Benzene is also capable of intervening the functioning of DNA in human body, thus leading to destruction in various cells.
* As a last resort, benzene may lead to sudden death and other critical situations like coma.
What Is Your Responsibility as Parents
Do you belong to the category of responsible parents? Then, you must make it sure that you check the eating habits of your children. Though soft drink companies have been strictly instructed to restrict the usage of benzene in the drinks, still you must have the verification done about a particular company launching its new drink range in the market.
Also, you must prohibit the entrance of bad habits like smoking in the life of your child. Cigarette smoke is another culprit for introducing benzene in body. In fact, the inhalation of this smoke may quickly lead to death in case of children. Thus, you must put a barrier for benzene poisoning through any of these sources.
More than anything else, one may take assistance from benzene lawyers to fight against victimization caused by benzene poisoning to a family member of your. By doing so, you can sow the seeds for a healthy living, which is free from harmful chemicals like benzene.